Digital technologies have gone from a science fiction fantasy to an essential part of our daily lives. Complex digital systems, such as artificial intelligence (AI) transform the business landscape every day and provide entrepreneurs with tremendous opportunities for profit growth. As the process of digitalization continues to take root, businesses change their practices to incorporate this advanced technology into their hiring process.
How Has the Workplace Changed Over Time?
Labor conditions have changed considerably in the last decade because of structural market developments and technological improvements. On the one hand, pandemic-induced losses in economic output caused higher wage inflation and job losses. On the other hand, people fear that automation will soon lead to mass technological unemployment. Companies that use in-house recruitment, therefore, need to reevaluate their talent acquisition strategy in regard to global labor shortages and technological progress.
How Is Artificial Intelligence (AI) Changing the Recruiting Process?
HR leaders are responding to the changing business environment and using more frequently AI-driven tools to review the talent acquisition process. ChatGPT, one of the new digital technologies released, is an artificial intelligence language model that is pre-trained on a large corpus of text data. During the pre-training phase, ChatGPT learns patterns and structures of the language by predicting the next word in a sentence. After pre-training, ChatGPT can be fine-tuned on specific tasks.
1. Review And Write Job Adverts: The AI chatbot can be used to quickly identify common problems with poorly drafted job descriptions. ChatGPT can generate coherent and well-written texts tailored to specific job descriptions and help recruiters avoid issues such as ambiguous language, vague descriptions, and incomplete information. Moreover, the language processing AI model can produce text in many languages, making positions accessible to a diverse candidate pool.
2. Screening Candidates: ChatGPT can be programmed to ask specific questions in a recorded video interview that determine a candidate’s job suitability, essential skills and relevant experience. Responses can be easily standardized and summarized with an accurate assessment of strengths and weaknesses in performance. Based on the insights generated for each applicant, HR professionals can narrow down the potential pool of talent to identify suitable candidates.
3. Scheduling Interviews: This technology can be used to dynamically schedule and confirm interviews with potential job applicants. Once HR professionals provide ChatGPT with their availability for an interview, the AI-based tool contacts the applicants to make sure that the entry times do not overlap. Additionally, the AI chatbot system can send reminders and notifications to reduce no-show rates.
4. Answering Candidate Questions: ChatGPT can assist recruiters to answer questions about management style, strategic priorities, and goals but also guide candidates through various stages of applying for a position. The free flow of information in both directions keeps candidates engaged in the process and enhances the employer brand.
5. Giving Feedback to Unsuccessful Candidates: Based on an assessment of the person’s fit within the team, the AI-based tool can instantly provide unqualified candidates with personalized feedback on their CVs and interview performance. This action focuses on an applicant’s experience at each stage of the hiring process and offers actionable tips on how to bounce back even stronger after a job rejection.
6. Personalized Onboarding: With ChatGPT, HR onboarding managers can streamline administrative tasks related to integrating a new employee with a company. For instance, HR departments can set up online orientation training programs, implement an interactive learning plan or offer a chat companion throughout the employee’s journey to ensure all needs concerning work are being met.
The Key to Elevating Your Workforce Capability?
Let’s talk. Schedule a call with our team of consultants.