Senior Backend Developer @ Routescanner
We are Routescanner and we are on a mission to make the container logistics world more sustainable. Get the feeling of real-time impact and experience a new level of being challenged on a day-to-day basis.
We build and run a high-tech platform to support different shippers, forwarders & operators in their business. At Routescanner you work on a product that is transforming the way containers are being shipped around the world. The result is a smooth platform where the user is centralized, and we can easily implement and improve features on.
- We engineer by making difficult things look simple
- We have a team of 20+ professionals that is growing every month
- Platform built on cutting edge technology
- We love algorithms
- We build long term sustainable connections, internally and externally
- You can really design your own route. We love it when you see improvements and act on them
Are you the next Route Master to help us grow and improve our platform? We are in need of a Backend Developer with Java/Kotlin experience.
Your tech skills:
- Java (11+)
- Spring Boot (2.5)
- Unittesting (JUnit 5, Mockito)
- Postgres (SQL)
- Microservice architecture
As a bonus it would be great if you have some experience with:
- Kotlin (experience with Coroutines or Arrow is a plus)
- Drinking beer
- Agile/scrum-ish way of working
Your soft skills:
- You love to develop things that work, like a Proof of Concept
- You have a curious mindset, and you are a fast thinker
- You are a strong communicator and a team player
- You are pro-active and a self-starter
- You love to wear multiple hats during work and don’t need a lot of instructions to get started.
A day in the life of a Routescanner developer:
- In the morning it is time for a quick start-up with your team. Last week the team decided to build a POC for a new feature and you took on the responsibility to show what it would look like by today. Right before the meeting you check if it still works, and you are ready to show it.
- After the meeting, the team loved it and you have approval to implement it together with your backend colleague. That went quick! Also, a new operator will be pushed live on the platform and the Business Development team asked if you could assist by making a personal onboarding page for the operator! Cool stuff!
- End of the day you decide with your development team that you need to run some tests before the new feature can go live. One of your colleagues offers to assist, so you can do it first thing tomorrow morning. Looking forward to tomorrow already.
If you want to learn more about this exciting opportunity, just apply right away and we hope to see you soon online or in Rotterdam.