Site Reliability Engineer
Aidence is one of the first in the world to commercialize AI-based imaging diagnostics with active installations in multiple European countries and the first to enter the US market. We are looking for a Backend Engineer who will be responsible for the development of Aidence back-end applications and the core product. Aidence is located in Amsterdam, NL.
Currently, a suite of AI clinical applications for the automatic analysis of medical images is being developed. The first solution focuses on the early detection of lung cancer and heart disease using cutting-edge deep learning algorithms. In almost five years Aidence has grown to an international team of 40 highly motivated and purpose-driven people with different backgrounds and personalities.
Our Clients Purpose
Healthcare is about humans helping humans. We build AI solutions tailored to the needs of healthcare practitioners. The goal is to help them make faster and more precise diagnostic decisions and deliver outstanding care to their patients. It is what we call human sense in artificial intelligence. Aidence is backed by a consortium of local and international top-tier VCs.
With an informal culture and a flat hierarchy, things get done faster and better! Upon entering Aidence you will feel the vibe of the hard work and dedication of everyone working towards the same goal. The synergy between the teams is palpable and their drive to make the world a better place is surely contagious!
You will be responsible for the deployment and servicing of Aidence Veye Engine platform. Among other things you will be planning the deployments, testing interfacing, integration with client systems, collecting customer feedback, delivering customer support and requirements. You will be reporting directly to CTO.
- Perform second-line support to customer related incidents and problems with (use) of Aidence’s Veye Chest platform
- Categorizing and prioritizing and triage of incidents and problems
- Proactive monitoring of installed base and identify possible issues
- Determine cause(s) of incidents and problems, involve subject matter expert(s) and take corrective action where possible
- Purchase, provision, test, ship and manage GPU servers
- Participate in- and help to define verification and validation testing of new product releases
- Analyse trends in support and advises on design changes to improve usability, workflow integration, interfacing, performance and other aspects influencing quality/cost
- Work according to quality and regulatory framework and ensure compliance
30-60-90 day plan
- Within the first 30 days the site reliability engineer should understand and integrate with his/her team and work.
- Within the first 60 days, the site reliability engineer will already have taken over their specific responsibilities such as performing second line support, monitoring of installed base, and determining causes of incidents and problems.
- Within the first 90 days the site reliability engineer will be expected to know all about the products at Aidence, how he/she fits into the team and adds value. By this time he/she would have taken full responsibility of their work outlined in the job description.
- Full time position based in Amsterdam
- Salary range: 80k – 85k euros gross per year
- Holiday allowance of 8% included in the salary
- Work with the best engineers and developers on new and innovative tech
- Learn and grow with a fast-growing scale up with big ambitions
- A chance to change the world!
- Experience with Linux, DevOps and agile workflows
- Familiar with the software development process
- Familiar with tools such as Ansible and Docker
- Be able to find a root cause of software problems and create an issue report
- Desire to improve process and product
- Experience in solving issues in a multi-disciplined group
- Manage expectations of the stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to use both technical and people skills
- Work well both in a team and by yourself
- University level
The Recruitment Process
- Intake with YTA
- First interview with Aidence
- Assessment phase
- HR interview
- The offer